For this design I used excerpts from a series of my uncle Ken’s paintings as textures, there are five different designs within the pack. I admire Ken’s work for the amount of complexity that occurs within a seemingly simple composition. In art, as in life, sometimes the things that affect us most are the things that we don’t notice on our first glance. I wanted to imbue each one of the cards with a moment where I took a second look at one of Ken’s paintings and was rewarded, and use the design to challenge other people to delve a little deeper too.
To see more of Ken’s work, head over to kennethhilker.com.
Browse More Projects
- Drawing / Watercolors
- Branding / Hearth and Cellar
- Designing / Storybook App
- Designing / Disruption Engine
- Developing / Storylens Pictures
- Designing / Business Cards
- Photographing / Hong Kong
- Developing / Semantic Servers
- Building / Coffee Tables
- Drawing / Landscapes
- Developing / Recursive Functions
- Drawing / Paris
- Designing / Infographics